We’re announcing a new and exciting product called SendMyTask! It’s available at SendMyTask.com, and is a new way to coordinate with everyone around you. And best of all, it’s free to use!
SendMyTask is an even simpler version of eziTask, for those of you who don’t wish to sign in to a control panel to send a task to someone, or don’t need any advanced management or scheduling functions. It’s an extremely low-touch, simple way to send a task to someone, with only two functions:
- Send a task (all you need is the person’s email address)
- Get notified that the task is done (to your own email address)
Some of the interesting ways that SendMyTask is different from eziTask:
- You don’t ever create an account or sign in to an account
- Tasks are ephemeral (temporary; less importance is given to keeping a history of tasks done)
- Almost no features at all – it’s amazingly simple. You can only send a simple task, and get notified that it’s done.
- There’s a short list of recently sent tasks. Each task shows whether its done or not. (Switch computers or clear your cookies and the tasks are gone)
- No steps, no attachments, no multiple assignees, no calendar, no repeating tasks, no templates, no cc’d notifications. Even more easy than eziTask.
We see SendMyTask serving a need that’s a slightly different use case from eziTask, and both products will operate in parallel to serve these different use cases. For eziTask, a controlled and organized task list is saved in your business’s account, and it’s a process-oriented way to run your business day-to-day. All tasks are saved and kept for record-keeping, and a lot of organization features are there so that you can tune your business’s task management to your liking.
SendMyTask on the other hand, is a wild horse. Fire off tasks to anyone as long as you have their email address. These are simple, quick tasks that don’t need a ton of explanation. They’re tasks that you may not really care about keeping a history of, you just care that they get done at some point. After firing off a task to someone, they get notified of the task, and simply click the “Done” button when they’ve finished, and you’ll get an email about it. Then you move on to whatever is the next task that you need to be done. It’s all about fast-paced tasks – it takes less than 30 seconds to send a task, and less than 5 seconds to see in your inbox when a task is done. It could be a great way to take items from your todo list that you need help with, and send them over to a buddy or coworker.